The Ametek Model 888 Sulfur Recovery Tail Gas Analyzer, the successor of the 880 NSL uses field-proven and highly reliable UV technology to accurately monitor the H2S and SO2 concentrations in sulfur recovery tail gas. This compact, rugged analyzer mounts directly on the process pipe, eliminating the complexity and safety issues of fiber optic coupled photometers.
The Ametek Model 888 Sulfur Recovery Tail Gas Analyzer is the evolution of a well proven formula. All the best elements of the iconic 880 NSL are still there; Four year lamp life, no shelter required and steam blow back for ammonia salts. Building on this success the 888 offers improvements in a number of key areas.
AMETEK Process Instruments has been the leader in tail gas analysis for over 40 years-with more than 1,100 installed 880 NSL analyzers and more than 100 million hours of run time.
Model 888 Reliability
AMETEK’s third generation Sulfur Recovery Tail Gas Analyzer, the 888 takes reliability to the next level by providing solutions to the three most common external failure modes.
- Automatic flow control for proactive response to adverse process conditions
- Flange temperature alarm for early warning of poor quality steam
- Extended ambient temperature range to 60°C
Hazardous operation improvements, with the analyzer technician in mind.
- Close coupled, easily accessible but process isolated demister
- Complete isolation from the process with double block valves
- Remote PC Web enabled interface
Model 888 Maintenance
Ametek listened to customer feedback from operations, analyzer technicians and process engineers.
- Smart diagnostic models identify, communicate, and react to potential problems
- 2X over range measurement allows an informed response to process upsets
- Worldwide factory support in over 50 countries
This compact, rugged analyzer is mounted directly on the process pipe eliminating the complexity of usage of fiber optic coupled monitors.
You contact ASaP’s Mike Beer or H-P Visser for more information!