The icon scientific Pour Point Analyzer is used to provide an indicator of the lowest temperature at which typically a fuel oil may be used.
- Easy to use: with an armored glass wipe-clean touch-screen and intuitive multi-lingual graphic user interface.
- Certified to global standards: ATEX, IECEx, TIIS, EAC, and ETL approved to give absolute confidence and peace of mind in hazardous areas and manufactured under an ISO9001:2015 certified Quality Management System.
- Robust and fully explosion proof: no air or inert gas purging required for safe operation in explosion hazard areas. Safety assured: with an alarm for internal sample leakage.
- Highly efficient: with low sample consumption and a sample flow monitor.
- Flexible: with auto validation or calibration options and standard Modbus, 4-20mA, and digital contact outputs.
What does the Pour Point Analyzer do?
The icon scientific Pour Point Analyzer is used to provide an indicator of the lowest
temperature at which typically a fuel oil may be used. The analyzer uses advanced
thermoelectric cooling to provide exceptional results, in most cases without the
need for chilled water.
To improve performance and eliminate condensation, and ice formation, the whole system is housed in a patented, sealed containment vessel held under vacuum. The vessel features detection systems to monitor the vacuum and alert you to any sample leakage. The obtained results are compatible with those of no flow and pour point test methods such as ASTM D97, D5853, D5949 and D5985.
How does the analyzer work?
The low mass measuring cell traps a small amount of the sample that is then cooled at a controlled rate by the peltier cooler. At pre-set temperature intervals, the sample is pressure pulsed by a stepper motor driven piston cylinder. Sample movement is then detected by a differential pressure sensor connected across the
cell. The cooling is continued until the applied differential pressure pulse has been attenuated sufficiently to indicate that the sample is no longer moving. This temperature is taken as the no flow point. The old sample is then warmed and flushed away, and the cycle of the Pour Point Analyzer is repeated.
Why choose the Icon Scientific Pour Point Analyzer?
- Excellent repeatability: with advanced detection algorithms and pulse width modulated variable rate peltier cooler control, it achieves better repeatability than the standard test methods.
- Best in class cooling performance: with reduced thermal losses thanks to the low mass measuring cell, patented vacuum insulation system and non-contacting light source and detector. This provides the highest differential between cooling water temperature and the lowest measurable pour and no flow points.
- Increased measuring cell life: as well as giving improved cooling performance, vacuum insulation eliminates premature cell failure caused by condensation and cooling errors due to ice formation.
- Cell service exchange plan: to aid planned maintenance and reduce downtime in the unlikely event of a problem, icon operates a Pour Point Analyzer cell-service exchange plan. The cell is sent to icon or their local representative, and a fully-refurbished cell is delivered by return. This process enables considerable savings on the individual cost of parts. It can also save you time and money by reducing the risks associated with carrying out your own cell repairs.