The PGC5007 Total Sulfur Analyzer performs analysis for a range of streams, liquid and vapor, from natural gas to gasoline and diesel.
A fixed volume of sample from the process stream is injected via a sample inject valve. Air transports the sample into the furnace, where it oxidizes the sample to carbon dioxide, water and sulfur dioxide. These components are separated using packed columns and pass into the Flame Photometric Detector (FPD), where the trace levels of Total Sulfur are measured.
PGC5000B Smart Oven features:
- Correctly sized and designed for basic configurations and maximum reliability
- Designed for mission critical measurements
- Standard detector configuration – sTCD, mTCD, FID and FPD capability
- Smaller footprint allows for shelter size and utility reduction
PGC5000A Generation 2 Master Controller features:
The PGC5000A Generation 2 Master Controller with new Graphical Driven HMI offers a fully functional touchscreen. Developing, editing and storing analysis methods are now easy. Programming is now a thing of the past. Just “point and click” is all that is required to access any of the analyzer functions. All of the major analyzer functions are identified on tabs making it easy to know where to go to access information when needed.
- 10” SVGA touch screen with multi-touch control supports the HMI
- Simple tab layout for ease-of-use
- Universal touchscreen
- Intrinsically safe fiber optic connections to multiple Smart Ovens
- Redundant Ethernet ports for guaranteed data transfers
- Standard USB ports for convenient system updates
- Direct MODBUS communication
- Comprehensive I/O options
Total Sulfur Analyzer solution – Process gas chromatograph PGC5007 applications
A fixed volume of sample from the process stream is injected via a sample inject valve. Air transports the sample into the furnace, where it oxidizes the sample to carbon dioxide, water, and sulfur dioxide. These components are separated using packed columns and pass into the FPD, where the trace levels of Total Sulfur are measured.
A designation was assigned to the ABB On-line sulfur in fuel gas chromatograph (PGC2007) – ASTM Method D7041-04. The PGC2007 has now been updated to the PGC5000 Series PGC5007B Total Sulfur Analyzer. This method provides industry the only on-line method with precision and bias data that is 2-5 times better than all other sulfur methods on the books. This is the only method to date that meets the requirements for low range (0-15 ppm) diesel compliance measurements.
ASTM 7041-04, “Standard Test Method for Determination of Total Sulfur in Light Hydrocarbons, Motor Fuels, and Oils by Online Gas Chromatography with Flame Photometric Detection,” ASTM International
Do you need an analyzer, sample conditioning system, or spare parts?
Do you have an analytical problem nobody can solve?
Do you have an issue with your gas analyzer or sample system?