ABB announces the release of the PGC5009 Fast Process Gas Chromatograph, the newest addition to ABB’s gas chromatography product portfolio. A relatively small shift in the cut point (the threshold temperature for good product) for any refinery product can cost refiners millions of dollars in profits. In the absence of fast, accurate and reproducible boiling point data, refinery product yields are not optimized and more importantly, profits are lost.
A relatively small shift in the cut point for any refinery product can cost refiners millions in profits. In the absence of fast, accurate and reproducible boiling point data, refinery product yields are not optimized and more importantly, profits are lost.
The solution is the ABB PGC5009 Fast Process Gas Chromatograph
The PGC5009 represents the best in process analytics for simulated distillation analysis using fast temperature programmed process chromatography. With a patented resistively heated column design and rapid cooling system, the PGC5009 provides superior chromatography. The results are proven: accurate and reproducible retention times and weight percentage measurements required for boiling point curve calculation enabling optimized refinery process control.
Key product features
- ASTM D3710 (Gasoline) in less than 4 minutes
- ASTM D2887 (Diesel) in less than 5 minutes
- Patented resistively heated micro packed column design for fast C1-C36 separation
- 7 days of chromatogram and report storage comes standard on the PGC5000A Master controller with a removable SD card
- Integrated sample system communication for remote health monitoring
- Connectivity to the STAR Data Management System
- Open, accessible oven and electronics enclosure design
- Tight cut point control for product and yield optimization can save millions in refinery profits
- Blending to pipeline versus costly storage
- Significant savings in analyzer technician time through remote system diagnostics capability and analyzer designed for ease of maintenance
PGC5000A Generation 2 Master Controller features
- 10” SVGA touch screen with multi-touch control supports the HMI
- Simple tab layout for ease-of-use
- Universal keypad and mouse touch pad
- Intrinsically safe fiber optic connections to multiple Smart Ovens
- Redundant Ethernet ports for guaranteed data transfers
- Standard USB ports for convenient system updates
- Direct MODBUS communication
- Comprehensive I/O options